07 August 2007

Rotaract Intelligence, duh!

I was going about my usual stroll along the book aisle in one of my favorite book store today and can't help but to put my finger prints on the pages of this book by Daniel Coleman.

I guess after the success of his earlier writings on Emotional Intelligence, Coleman has to come up with a sequel to EI. Coleman's sharing on EI was most 'emotionally opening' for me when I first read it some years ago. I shall not dwell into this subject here nor on this book on Social Intelligence. I'm sure you will be intelligent enough to go look (or read) it up.

As I laid the book back to its original pose, my 'intelligent' mind couldn't help but to give out a short exclamation - "What is all this intelligent people trying to do to all this not-so-intelligent people like myself?". Oh. I wasn't letting out a sly frustration on Coleman. I was rather taken aback by another book as proudly displayed as Social Intelligence....


Practical Intelligence? Oh man..... "This is going to be an interesting stroll today", I said to myself. Albrecht is one of those strategic thinkers and futurists I personally would put in the same league as (the late) Peter F. Drucker. Coincidently, Albrecht also has a book titled "Social Intelligence : The New Science of Success". Hmm.....

Well, the stroll down the book aisle today got me kinda thinking. Will my blog title here, "Rotaract Intelligence" be a 21st century coinage in Rotaract? And if you are thinking what I'm thinking, Rotaract Intelligence will soon prevail.

No comments: